Skip to main content

Numbers 1314-1318 East Fayette Street, Baltimore

@ Enoch Pratt Free Library / State Library Resource Center


Photograph taken looking east from North Central Avenue at numbers 1314-1318 East Fayette Street in Baltimore, Maryland. To widen Fayette Street, all of the buildings on the north side were torn down in 1936-1937. The building to the left is St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church, which had been vacated and used as a warehouse since 1929. The building to the right is an Amoco gas station. A Conoco advertisement is painted on the wall to its right. Two African American men are standing and talking on the sidewalk in front of these two- and three-story brick row houses to be demolished.
Digital Reproduction Of 1 Black And White Photograph, 17 X 21 Cm
View Original At:

Record Contributed By

Enoch Pratt Free Library / State Library Resource Center

Record Harvested From

Digital Maryland