Ferson Creek Bridge (1850's-1860's)
@ St. Charles Public Library
DescriptionThis bridge crossed Ferson's Creek and was necessary to use if one wanted to go north from St. Charles on the west side of the Fox River. Many slaves crossed this bridge to go North. At one time it was made of planks and of decorative steel. There appears to be more underbrush and trees in this picture than in the one taken in 1966. The bridge was on Elgin Road connecting St. Charles and Elgin. From "Then and Now" by Alice Cairo. See also: Ferso...
Materials in this collection are made available by St. Charles Public Library. To request reproductions or inquire about permissions, contact: St. Charles Public Library, One South 6th Avenue, St. Charles, IL 60174; Phone 630-584-0076. Please cite the item title and collection name.